Amidst all the wellness and spa products, Epsom bath salts have a special place. What’s Epsom salt? Here are the 10 facts worth knowing.
- Epsom salt gets its name from natural springs located in Epsom, England. It is called a salt because of its molecular structure. It is basically a natural compound also known as magnesium sulfate.
- The use of Epsom salt is not new. In folklore and traditional practices, Epsom salt has been used for thousands of years, mainly to get relief from aches and pains. Do not confuse it with common or table salt.
- Epsom salt is not same as Dead Sea salt. The latter is known to have a mix of minerals, which are only found in the Dead Sea. Some of the products that contain Epsom salt may have Dead Sea salt too.
- Epsom salt is one of the main foundations of most bath salts. It is often mixed with natural oils, essential oils, and other natural ingredients to create extremely effective wellness products.
- In general, Epsom salt is not very expensive, but when infused with other products, the goodness of the product increases considerably. The additional oils only make the bath salts more nourishing for the skin.
- Products that contain Epsom salt come in a wide range of colors. Bath salts with dark colors like blue and lavender tend to be more relaxing, while orange and yellow bath salts are more energizing.
- There are brands that make bath salts containing Epsom salt only for men. These products are specially formulated, keeping the masculine needs in mind and have a wide range of unique scents.
- Epsom salt is great for people who have sleep disorders and nerve problems. It helps in flushing toxins out of the body and is a great choice for people dealing with muscle pain and bruising.
- Epsom salt is ideal for stress reduction. It promotes good sleep and is often used in bath bombs, as well. Please note that the quality of the products available in the market also depend on the brand you choose.
- Epsom salt is also ideal for beauty treatments. You can use it in a mix with your scrub to hydrate and rejuvenate the skin. It can be safely used on the tresses, as well, to add natural volume.
Check online now to find bath salts and bath bombs that contain Epsom salt!