Sunbed is good to get tanning benefits to improve your skin. If it is your first time to get this treatment, then it is important to learn about the instructions and precautions to perform the treatment.
Instructions to get a tan before getting on the sun bed
- Apply a good quality lip balm that comes with SPF protection.
- Remove all the makeup, heavy perfumes, jewelry or essential oils as it can react to UV rays of the skin.
- Seattle is a seaport city on the West Coast of the United States. Sunbed tanning salon Seattle advises to take help of a doctor before getting the treatment as it can react to ultraviolet rays emitted by sun beds.
- Exfoliate your skin using a quality body scrub. It will help you clean your skin and allow it to tan better.
- Maintain a gap of an hour between your tan and shower.
- You can even apply a good amount of tanning accelerator before getting on the sun bed. Ensure that it sinks deep into your skin effectively and help you achieve improved tanning.
- Do not apply tanning accelerators on areas such as lips, eyes, and groin.
Instructions while you are on the sun bed
- Eyelids have the ability to block 25% of UV rays from entering into the eyes. It is a good idea to wear goggle yourself
- Red, watery and itchy eyes could be a sign of short-term sunburn of eyes. If you find any such discomfort, then you should not perform the treatment. This can worsen the problem and result in poor night vision, diminished color perception, and improving possibility of cataract
- Keep sensitive areas properly covered
- Don’t ignore any itchy or burning sensations that you can feel on the body while getting sun tanned.
- Set the appropriate time and power of tanning bed that suits your body. Don’t overexpose your skin to harmful UVA and UVB rays that can cause sunburns.
- As lips can’t produce melanin so they are at a risk of overexposure. So, it is advised to wear a lip balm with sunblock in it.
Instructions post your tanning session
- Don’t shower for 2 hours post getting the tan. This is because the lotions are still doing their work to provide a better color.
- Moisturize the skin post the shower.
- Be patient as it takes time to build, especially when you are new to tanning. It is best to use a bronzing lotion. It will get you the color that you need quickly.
All this information would definitely help you get maximum benefits from this treatment.